Baked Suya-Spiced Salmon
Suya, salmon, and sunshine - a match made in heaven! And we have the perfect recipe for your summer celebrations, mixing succulent cuts of fish with the signature texture and spice of our Varo Jollof Rice.
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 salmon fillet portions,180-200g
- 1tbsp ground peanut powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp spoon sea salt
- 2 pouches Varo Jollof Vegetable Rice
- Place the salmon portions on a baking sheet, and drizzle over the vegetable oil.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the Suya Spice mix: peanut powder, ground ginger, chilli powder, paprika powder, onion powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Sprinkle the Suya spice mix over the salmon and then bake the salmon at 160ºC for 8-12 minutes until just cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the Jollof Rice as directed on the package.
- Serve the salmon with rice and sprinkle over the finely sliced spring onions and roasted peanuts.