Great dishes produce a balance of delicious flavours, which is why our stuffed peppers recipe remains a favourite. The smoky spice of our Varo Jollof Rice, when roasted inside sweet red bell peppers, tastes even better, making for a tasty vegan main or an indulgent side.
- 2 pouches Varo Jollof Vegetable Rice
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 50g peas
- 50g sweetcorn
- ½tsp chilli flakes
- ½tsp dried thyme
- 1tsp ground black pepper
- 1tsp curry powder
- 2tbsp coriander, chopped
- 4tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 bell peppers
- Place the Jollof Rice into a bowl, followed by onions, garlic, carrots, peas, sweetcorn, chilli flakes, thyme, black pepper, curry powder, coriander and 2 tbsp of oil. Stir everything together and put to one side.
- Prepare the peppers by first cutting them a few inches from the stalk to create a top to the pepper, and trim the base to create a flat surface for the pepper to stand on.
- Remove the seeds inside the peppers and spoon the rice mixture into the empty peppers. Replace the tops of each pepper, drizzle over the remaining oil and lightly season.
- Bake at 180ºC for 15-20 mins or until the peppers are soft and roasted.