Let Varo Jollof Rice handle dinner with this delicious combo of Jollof Rice, spicy prawn and plantain salad. That's definitely Owambe!
- Pack Varo Jollof Rice with Coconut
- 200g king prawns
- plantain diced
- ½ Lemon (Juiced)
- medium gem lettuce
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cucumber
- thumb sized ginger
- 1/2 scotched bonnet
- 2tsp coriander
- 1tsp butter
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- medium red onion
- Cook Rice according to cooking instructions on packet
- Blend the ginger, garlic, scotched bonnet and ¾ red onion together, add ¼ cup water to the mixture and blend
- Use half of the mixture to marinate the prawns, the other half for the sliced plantain season both with salt.
- On medium heat sauté the prawns for 2mins each side and put aside now fry the plantain medium to high heat for 8 to 10mins.
- Slice up all your vegetables including the other ¼ of the onion and add to a salad bowl also add the prawn and the plantain to the same bowl