Looking to impress your family and friends? This might just be the recipe you need! Marinate fresh prawns to infuse them with a deep flavour, one that pairs perfectly with the rich taste of our Jollof Rice!
- 400g king prawns
- 1tbsp ground peanut powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp paprika powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 10g coriander, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 4tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp spoon sea salt
- 2 pouches Varo Jollof Vegetable Rice
- Place the king prawns into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade: peanut powder, ground ginger, chilli powder, paprika powder, onion powder, garlic powder, chopped coriander, lemon juice, 2tbsps of oil and salt.
- Add the king prawns to the bowl and mix everything together to completely coat the prawns, leave to marinate for up to 2 hours.
- Heat the remaining 2tbsps of oil in a frying pan. Add the prawns to the hot oil and fry for 2 minutes on each side, until bright pink and cooked through. Once cooked remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the Jollof Rice as directed on the package.
- Serve the prawns with rice and salad. Finally, sprinkle over the finely sliced spring onions and fresh coriander.