Jollof Rice Balls make for a delicious, handy snack. They can be eaten on the go, at picnics, as a starter or as a side dish served with our MEDIUM Jollof Sauce. We used eggs, flour and breadcrumbs as binders, with a gooey mozzarella cheese filling at the centre. Delicious!
- 1 Pack of Varo Jollof Rice
- 40g Onion
- 30g Ball pepper
- 5g Garlic
- 30ml Vegetable oil
- 50ml Water
- 150g Mozzarella Cheese
- 200g Bread crumbs
- 3 Eggs
- 10g Cilantro
- 5g Chili Flakes
- 50g All purpose Flour
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 5ml Jollof Sauce (Medium)
1. Heat oil in a saucepan. Add chopped onion and garlic. Sauté till it turns translucent
2. Add chopped bell pepper and sauté.
3. Once the vegetables are sautéed, add the Jollof Rice and water. Cover and let steam in the pan.
4.Once the rice mix is ready let it cool.
5. Add salt, black pepper, chili flakes, chopped cilantro leaves, handful of breadcrumbs and one egg. Give it a good mix.
6. Mould heaped spoonfuls of the mix into balls using your hands, with mozzarella cheese stuffed into the centre of each ball.
7.Take each ball, cover with flour, then dip in whisked egg, then coat with breadcrumbs.
8. Refrigerate coated rice balls for15 minutes.
9. Heat the vegetable oil at medium heat, then deep fry the rice balls until golden brown.
10. Serve hot with Medium Jollof Sauce.