This winter-warmer recipe is perfect for overcoming that Christmas Day hangover. With simple but fresh ingredients, we'll have you refuelled and back in front of the telly in no time!
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 thumb sized ginger
- 1/2 scotched bonnet
- 4tbsp palm or canola oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- ½ medium green bell pepper (chopped)
- ½ medium red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp organic tomato paste
- 2tbsp curry powder
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 500ml chicken stock
- 400-500g cooked turkey, shredded or diced
- 100g baby spinach
- 2 sticks of spring onions
- Small handful of coriander
- Blitz the garlic, ginger and scotch bonnet to a paste and put to one side.
- Heat up oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion and peppers until fragrant. Add the curry powder and cook for 2 minutes, then add the tomato paste and cook for another minute.
- Pour in the chicken stock and coconut milk. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes until the curry thickens to your desired consistency.
- Add your the cooked turkey pieces, allow simmer low heat for another minute to heat through. Then add the spinach and stir through to wilt it. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Meanwhile, heat the Jollof Rice as directed on package. Serve the curry with rice. Garnish with spring onions and coriander.