These savoury pancakes are made using Jollof rice and vegetables blended with curd. When done, they should have a creamy soft centre, with crispy golden edges. Frittatas can be an interesting change to your regular breakfast pancakes or simply a tasty snack.
- 80g Jollof Rice
- 30ml of curd
- 3g of grated ginger
- 1 chopped green chili
- 5ml vegetable oil
- Water (as required)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (to taste)
- Divide the rice into two portions. Blend one portion of the rice into fine
- Paste along with the curd. Add ginger, green chili, seasonings and the left
- Pver portion of rice to the paste, and give it a gentle stir.
- Add water to make a spreadable consistency.
- Grease a pan with oil over medium heat
- Once hot, add a spoonful of the mix and spread in circular motion evenly
- Let the Frittata cook for a minute and flip to cook the other side
- Serve hot